Are interested in working with FESCO ?
If so, please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your experience, and qualifications, as well as the reasons why you are interested in working for FESCO. Click the job titles below to see more.
JOB TITLE: Grants Administrator
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
Family Emergency Shelter Coalition (FESCO), located in Hayward, CA, is a nonprofit agency that provides emergency, transitional, and permanent housing and support services to homeless families with children.
- Prepare and assemble all government and private grant applications/proposals/letters of intent for submission, including all required documentation and packaging. Maintain quality control over grant submittals.
- Manage timely completion of all grant reports and renewal applications.
- Create and maintain tracking system for all due dates relevant to grant funding, including initial application/proposal deadlines, grant and contract renewals, status of applications submitted, and periodic reporting requirements.
- Prepare personalized thank you letters for all private grant awards.
- Review and develop a thorough understanding of all current FESCO grant contracts and of FESCO’s programs.
- Research and identify potential new funding opportunities for agency programs and general operations; review application guidelines and funding focus of potential funder to determine if there is an appropriate fit.
- Develop professional working relationships with all private and public funders and appropriate staff. Maintain a current roster with contact information, accessible to the Executive Director and other necessary FESCO staff.
- Attend and participate in various community meetings, such as bidder’s conferences, City Council and Commission meetings, and funding interviews
- Provide monthly progress report and other required information to Executive Director as requested
Marketing & Social Media
- Make updates to FESCO Website
- Keep iContact up to date and send out Eblasts at least monthly
- Create semi-annual newsletter
- Put updates/photos/news on Facebook, LinkedIn
- Manage process for End-Of-Year fundraising appeal, including initial creation of an appeal letter, managing the process for determining segmentation and creation of donor mailing lists, coordination with printer, and all other tasks required.
Annual Fundraiser & Community Fundraisers
- Participate with planning and implementation of annual fundraiser with contract Event Coordinator and FESCO Shuffle Committee (this year’s event is scheduled for May 6, 2017)
- Support community fundraisers on behalf of FESCO, as needed – such as advertising the event through Eblasts/Facebook Updates and the FESCO website.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Five years grant writing experience and strong familiarity with government contract, grant proposal and reporting processes
- Strong written communication skills, with an emphasis on persuasive writing
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to interpret vague or ambiguous grant application instructions
- Demonstrated organizational skills, relentless attention to detail and follow-through; ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access, as well as Facebook, Twitter, iContact, and Linked-In
- Familiarity with Alameda County government entities and nonprofit organizations a plus
- Self-starter, with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to deal with challenging personalities with grace and effectiveness
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (occasional evenings and weekends) when required to meet pending deadlines, attend meetings and events, etc.
- Own transportation, proof of valid and current CA Driver’s License, and current insurance along with a clean DMV record required
Compensation will be based on experience and education for this position. Eligible to receive full benefits package including paid employee medical and dental plan, paid holidays and Paid Time Off plan, with the option to participate in our self-funded 403(b) retirement plan.
Please submit two documents: 1) Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and FESCO, and linking your experience to FESCO’s needs; your cover letter should include your salary requirements; 2) Current resume, to: HR@FESCOFamilyShelter.org.
Send full application package as soon as possible for consideration during rolling reviews and interviews. Position is open until filled.
Please note that only applications that follow all application procedures will be considered, and due to limited staff resources, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer